The functioning of digital document storage ensures the implementation of an integral function related to the systematization of information resources and ensuring the completeness of digital information. So, this article will analyze the basic software features.
The purpose of the digital data storage and exchange software
The activity of any company, regardless of its size, is associated with the preparation and processing of a significant amount of sensitive documentation. Working with the information resources of the company requires the right approach. Efficient data management is an essential component of effective management. By automating this process, business leaders can significantly increase the manageability of storage and movement of various data types within the enterprise. Today, digital document storage and exchange system create a new generation of automation software for business. The purpose of their implementation is not to eradicate securities but to form an effective environment for the management and functioning of the company.
Digital data storage implies a single structured content storage system, which allows not only to handle large amounts of information simultaneously but also greatly simplifies the procedures for providing and using content. Such a system is the best way to provide content to many users for easy collaboration. In modern office work, this type of archive is becoming increasingly popular. As a unified system, digital document storage fully ensures the protection of information from loss, theft, and unauthorized use (observance of copyright). A virtual data room is a perfect example of such a system. This solution is designed to simplify business collaboration and deal management.
The basic principles of the software functionality
The use of digital data storage and exchange system allows you to organize the transfer of data on the progress of execution of documents in electronic form, which qualitatively changes the organization of control over the execution of documents. Cards of centrally registered documents with management resolutions are sent electronically to employees of the relevant departments. They supplement them with resolutions on the execution of documents issued by the heads of structural divisions. As data on the progress of implementation of documents become available, these data are entered into the system. At the same time, the system automatically monitors the date of the preliminary notification of the approaching deadline and the onset of this deadline itself. Interested users of the system are informed about the named terms.
All types of documents related to the internal and external document flow of the company can be placed in the digital storage:
- incoming, and outgoing letters;
- formalized documents (waybills, invoices, etc.);
- informal documents (contracts, additional agreements, invoices, etc.);
- personnel documents (orders on hiring and dismissal, documents on personnel movements, etc.);
- organizational and administrative documents.
As for storing external documents in a digital archive, everything is determined by the partners’ agreement.
The checklist for digital data storage
The selection of the optimal digital data storage considers the tasks to be solved and the enterprise’s or organization’s characteristics. So, there is a checklist that can be helpful when choosing the data storage and exchange system:
- registration and storage of correspondence, including electronic correspondence and internal documentation of employees
- optimization of the processes of coordination and approval of documents
- ensuring reliable, operational, and long-term archival storage of documentation with a customizable mechanism for automatic archiving of documents
- unification and standardization of forms and document templates
- maintaining a list of clients, tracking the history of interaction with them
- creating a single information space and ensuring the possibility of full-functional work of employees in the office and remote access mode.